Three Types of Women:
Hey Ya’ll! As we move into chapter 6 each of you should look up the word “Example” in the dictionary and do a Word search in your Bible. Then let’s talk about what YOU think it means. I did some of the Bible searches and it was really cool to see some examples of “example” 🙂
In I Peter 2:21-22 We read the Jesus is an example to us and that we should follow in His steps. He did no sin and there was no guile found in His mouth.
In John 13:14-15 Jesus is another example for us when He washes the feet and tells us to do the same.
And the in I Timothy 4:12 It says “Let no man despise thy youth ; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”
One definition of example is “A pattern or model of something to be imitated or avoided”
That is HUGE as a Christians! We need to strive to be something that someone would want to imitate and benefit from imitating. As Christians we are the light of the world shining for all to see, something that people should desire to have. You need to be an example to young Christians and unbelievers of what a Christian really in. These are just a few searches from the bible on the word example there are many more to be studied and gather information on!
Ice Breaker: Is your Dad a Prophet, Priest, or King? (you can also do this with your brothers, sons, or husbands 🙂 )
swifttohear 1. Phil. 2:5, “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus”. By sharing in God's “eternal vision”, my role as a wife will be made clear to me through the scriptures. It's my job to hear His voice, and to obey Him.
2. Peace and joy are found in fulfilling my mission here on earth, for the glory of God. My mission is to meet my husband's needs. Each day that I fulfill my mission, God is glorified, my home is peaceful, and my heart rejoices: “the woman is the glory of the man” 1 Cor. 11:7; the woman was created for the man (vs.9); the man shall rule over her (Gen.3:16). “Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it” Lk. 11:28b.
3. There is no excuse for disobedience. God has fully equipped me to fulfill my role as a wife, and my husband's shortcomings are irrelevant to my duty toward God. “If ye love me, keep my commandments” John 14:15. There is no “but”, “if”, or “unless” to this verse (note to self)!
4. God gives wisdom to all who ask for it in faith. “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering” James 1:5-6a. The wisdom that is from above will help me meet my husband's needs, as well as the Lord's requirements of me. Earthly wisdom will only detract from my fulfillment, my security, and my happiness.
5. submit, reverence, honour. Women are “commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law” 1 Cor. 14:34.
6. Romans 13:14, “But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof”. To know God, I have to put Him on, to humble myself before Him accepting His chastisement, and to draw nigh to God by learning His Word and adhering to it.
7. Yes, please! “And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts” Gal. 5:24.
The best thing about obeying God are the blessings He piles on us as a result. I have never met a wife (or anyone else, for that matter) who resisted His Word and showed herself to be either happy or blessed.
I think my favorite line of Debi's from this chapter is “I am not altogether gullible”!!! She's the best! :)
Shalom, our prayers are most definitely with you, and you will be exceedingly blessed. I cry for joy for you. :) :)