Filter by: Products Articles
Filter by:
Do you get our FREE Magazine?

Healthy Again

April 15, 2009

A few years ago my husband and I moved into a house infested with black mold—but we couldn’t see it and didn’t know it was there. In a short time, we both started getting sick. At first we just thought our immune systems were run down, but three months later I was in the hospital with my heart hurting. Long story short, we did not get better overnight. I tried many things. We even tried a diet of no sugar, no grains, no yeast, and no dairy for three months. We ate wild meat, organic vegetables, and, later in the diet, added some organic fruit. We felt better while we were on the diet, but after we stopped, I started getting sick again. I did some more research and found that a person’s body can hold metals and will hold them more often if your immune system is down. Having large amounts of metals in your body can be fatal. That is when I started using Sodium Bentonite Clay.

Bentonite clay is made up of a high number of tiny platelets with negative electrical charges on their flat surfaces and positive charges on their edges. When bentonite clay absorbs water it swells up to anywhere from double to triple its size; in other words, it is stretched open like a highly porous sponge. When bentonite clay is taken into one’s body, metals and toxins are drawn into the ‘sponge’ through electrical attraction and bonding. I had tried many detoxes in the past, but they all made me too sickly. My body could not handle the flush of toxins that my body discharged so suddenly. So how was this detox different? Bentonite clay does not flush toxins into the liver and kidneys; it absorbs them. It has a high astringent quality. I read that if you take a bentonite clay bath, depending on how much metal you have in your body, the clay will darken and get a little slimy. If you are highly toxic, the clay will turn black and tar-like.

I mixed 2½ lbs of the clay into a hot bath. I drank lots of water before and throughout my bath. I was sweating as I rubbed the clumps of undissolved clay against my skin, being careful to get clay on all my glands (armpits, neck, crotch, behind the knees, etc.). After 20 to 30 minutes of soaking, I got out, but left the water in. I let it sit for a few hours until the clay settled. Then I drained off the water and wiped up the very dark, slimy clay out of the tub.

This worked very well to help with my problem, but it was very time-consuming. Later, after much more research, I compounded an internal cleanser mixture with bentonite clay, active charcoal, bilberries, fiber and small amounts of other ingredients, which I call Detox+. This was my turning point.

It is best to drink bentonite on an empty stomach at least one hour before or after meals. If drinking it is too much for you, bentonite powder can also be encapsulated. Fiber helps the bentonite do its job better while getting the toxins out quicker. I started with one tablespoon of my bentonite clay compound daily, mixed with a small amount of juice. I paid attention to the results for a week, then gradually increased the dosage to no more than 4 tablespoons daily, in divided doses. As my body “cleaned house,” it started healing itself. All of sudden, the supplements I had been taking started working again.

My body had been so overloaded with metals and toxins that it could not heal itself; now it does. I hope this helps you as it did for me. I am not a doctor and cannot advise or prescribe any treatment for you. Consult your physician, and do your own research before taking anything internally.

For the sodium bentonite clay (loose clay and capsules) and my Detox+ go to or write to us at Bulk Herb Store, 26 W. 6th Ave. Lobelville, TN 37097 or call us at 877-278-4257.

I love to learn and teach others what I’ve discovered. For more about herbs and remedies, check out my video, Making Herbs Simple, at:

Note: Making Herbs Simple, Vol I now has a sequel—Making Herbs Simple, Vol II.

Leave a Reply

3 comments on “Healthy Again”

  1. I'm glad the clay worked for you, but just FYI, you have no idea where or what glands are (your confusing them with lymph nodes.) Your understanding of electrical charge also leaves quite a bit to be desired: it works a little differently with metals. Still, your concoction sounds interesting, even if you don't really know how it works.

  2. I am glad that ari added that comment. I was feeling the same way. I enjoyed the article and will consider using it. Here is how we have used it. My son had a case of poison ivy on his hands and after three weeks it was not getting better. Someone gave him some bentonite clay powder. He made a paste by adding a little water and spread it onto his hands. Overnight, the itching stopped. He put it on one more night just to make sure it was gone. We threw away that bit of the clay. Only a little powder was needed because it swelled up so much after the water was added.

  3. Hello, I am hoping you can help me. We moved and I have misplaced your wonderful Keifer Roll recipe. Could you please send it to me if you still have it.
    Thanks so much!